The UAE Foreign Ministry has standardised the procedures for attestation of various certificates and degrees obtained from Indian institutions. This was announced by the Indian Consul General, Dr. George Joseph, yesterday.
According to the consul general, Indian citizens seeking employment in the UAE should have their degrees, diplomas and certificates attested as required by the UAE law.
“As far as possible please get the attestation done directly and avoid proxies and agents. I would like to emphasise that the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs will strictly adhere to the stipulated procedures standardised by it and non other. In no case the attestation of the notary public is acceptable, and all attestation is to be done on the original documents and not on photocopies.”
The consul general said a lot of confusion exists on the guidelines laid out for the attestation of educational certificates.
The consul general urged members of the community to take the correct information from the consulate and not from typing institutes.
In cases where the original certificate is laminated, the certificate or degree holder should get a duplicate issued from the institution concerned and get it attested as per the requirement, he said.
The members of the community are also advised to bring their original passport to the consulate while submitting documents.
In cases where an individual cannot get his original passport from his employer, he should get a copy of the passport attested and stamped by the employer or the company.
Giving an insight to the various welfare schemes and the lack of funds available to execute all of them Dr. Joseph said: “There is an urgent need to get a steady flow of funds for the Indian Community Welfare Committee which works in close tandem with the labour consul. For this our efforts should be to start a corporate endowment.”
Procedures for attestation
1. High School Certificate:
– School; District/Regional Education Officer; Home Department of the state government concerned; UAE Embassy/Consulate; Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE.
2. University Degree/Diploma certificate:
– University; Ministry of Human Resources, Delhi; UAE Embassy/ Consulate; Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE.
3. Vocational Training Certificate issued by Directorate of Technical Training:
– Institution; Home Department of the state government concerned; UAE Embassy/ Consulate; Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE.